We provide more than 50 million pounds of food (42 million meals) each year. Food must be inspected and sorted before we can distribute it. Whether you’re a group or an individual, we always need of volunteers to assist with the sort process. We can accommodate small and large groups and specialize in team-building and special event sort days!
- We cannot accommodate walk-ins so please be sure to register in advance.
- Certain dates and times may not be available due to fully-booked shifts.
- To volunteer, simply click the “VOLUNTEER NOW” button above to register or click here.
- Anyone over the age of 12 can volunteer.
- Groups and individuals are welcome!
- We can provide community service hours, and can accommodate certain court-ordered hours.
What to Expect
- Once you’ve emailed our Volunteer Coordinator and booked a date, you will receive a confirmation email.
- When arriving at the warehouse, you will proceed to the volunteer room where you will check-in.
- Here, we will provide you with an overview of Feeding South Florida and how to sort.
- Then, you will be escorted to the sort area for a rewarding and fun experience!
- Once sort is completed, we ensure the space is ready for the next group.
- Finally, we bring you back to the volunteer room and provide you with the number of pounds and meals you helped provide to our families in need of food assistance.