For many, a daily meal is a simple choice of what to eat. But for people facing hunger, a daily meal poses a very different type of choice. It’s often an impossible choice between food or other crucial needs, such as electricity, childcare or medicine. Make the choice to participate in Hunger Action Month and together we can eliminate hunger.
As part of a nationwide initiative created by Feeding America®, Hunger Action Month® takes place throughout September and is designed to raise awareness about the issue of hunger in America. In South Florida, over one million individuals don’t know from where they will get their next meal – nearly 300,000 of whom are children. Hunger Action Month is your opportunity to be a part of a month-long movement that has a real and lasting impact on our mission of ending hunger in South Florida.
- Bailey’s Blendz: Between Sept. 1 and Sept. 30, $.50 from every bowl sold at Bailey’s Blend in Boynton Beach will benefit Feeding South Florida. Plus, you can also be entered to win a $100 Bailey’s Blendz gift card!
- Blaze Pizza: On Monday, Sept. 20, between 5:00 – 8:00 p.m., 20% of proceeds from your meal at Blaze Pizza in Davie will benefit Feeding South Florida.
- Dadeland Mall: Dine for a Purpose – Between September 1 through 30, participating restaurants at Dadeland Mall will feature select menu items, with a portion of proceeds benefitting Feeding South Florida.
- Chick-Fil-A will donate 10% of all Chocolate Chunk Cookie sales for the month of September.
- Earl’s Kitchen + Bar: $1 of each Bigger Better Burger sales for the month of September.
- La Jamoteca: La Jamoteca will donate $1 of each order of Jamon de Bellota 100% Iberico sandwich for the month of September.
- Mandarin Express: Mandarin Express will donate $1 from every 3 item combo sales.
- The Cheesecake Factory: For every slice of Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake sold*, 25 cents will be donated to Feeding America.
- Del Campo Dermatology: During Sept. 1 – Oct. 31, 15% of sales from facials and chemical peels at Del Campo Dermatology will benefit Feeding South Florida.
- Orange Theory Fitness: On Sept. 25, Orange Theory studios in South beach, East Delray, North Delray, Boynton Beach, and Port St. Lucie are hosting a 90-minute charity burn and virtual fundraiser, benefiting Feeding South Florida!
- Spavia: Between Sept. 1 and Sept. 30, 1% of all Himalayan Salt Stone Massage and Perky Pumpkin Fall Facial services will be donated to Feeding South Florida, with their national office matching donations.
- The Miami Football Club is going orange for their home game on Sept. 19!
- The Breakers: The Breakers is turning their iconic fountain orange on Hunger Action Day!
- Walgreens: Donate your myWalgreens cash rewards to Feeding South Florida thru Sept. 30, 2021. At Walgreens, you’ll earn unlimited 1% Walgreens Cash rewards when you shop and you can choose how much to donate. It’s that easy. Whether you’d like to contribute $1, $5, or more of your Walgreens Cash rewards you’ll be making a big difference.
Thank you to the Cities of Boynton Beach, Cooper City, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and Pompano Beach for committing to issue proclamations recognizing Hunger Action Month! Town of Bay Harbor Island is also raising awareness on social media and turning landmarks orange.
Physical + Virtual Food Drives
Curley’s House of Style, Mr. Pipeline, JM Family Enterprises, Poinciana United Methodist, RICOH USA, Starbucks District 464, SESCO Lighting, South University, Sun Life Title, UKG, USA Self Storage, and have also committed to physical and virtual food drives throughout the month!