For rules and regulations and information download our toolkit.
Feeding South Florida’s “Summer Hunger Ends Here” Art Competition
Imagine your artwork displayed on a 36-foot moving billboard that travels throughout South Florida! And imagine your work gives a voice to more than 248,000 children who go to bed hungry.
Feeding South Florida is excited to announce its new “Summer Hunger Ends Here” Art Competition that showcases the talent of local high school students throughout Palm Beach, Broward, Miami- Dade, and Monroe Counties.
You have the opportunity to create artwork that depicts summer hunger, shedding a light on the issue that impacts far too many of South Florida’s children. Although the end of a school year is typically an exciting time for most kids, summer is one of Feeding South Florida’s busiest seasons. For 555,302 children throughout South Florida, not having access to free or reduced-price meals means that summer is a difficult time.
Participating in the competition is simple! Just complete the registration form and sign the student release. Registration opens February 5, 2018. All artwork must be submitted by March 30, 2018. Judging occurs the week of April 16, 2018 and first, second, and third place winners are announced on May 3, 2018 at Feeding South Florida’s gallery night.
The First Place and Winning artist receives the following:
- Artwork is displayed as a truck wrap on a 36-foot tractor/trailer that travels throughout Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties.
- Artwork prominently displayed at Feeding South Florida’s main warehouse until August 31, 2018.
- Artwork is the featured image for the “Summer Hunger Ends Here” campaign, which includes digital and print newsletters, social media, toolkit, and direct mail pieces.
- Honored at the “Summer Hunger Ends Here” annual recognition breakfast for partner agencies and volunteers. (July 2018, exact date TBD.)
- Announcement on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
How to Win
In addition to a panel of local judges selecting the winner, participants also have the chance to win a “People’s Choice” vote, which comprises a portion of the total score. Artwork entries will be uploaded to Feeding South Florida’s Facebook page. The entry with the most “likes” wins the community vote.
To register, fill out this form below and download the registration packet for more information.
For more information, please contact our Community Engagement Manager, Nataly Perez, at email@example.com or 954.518.1818 x 1825.