Feeding South Florida’s “Feed your Creativity” Art Competition
Calling all student and kid artists!
Imagine your artwork displayed on a 36-foot moving billboard that travels throughout South Florida! And imagine your work gives a voice to more than 240,000 children who go to bed hungry.
Feeding South Florida is excited to announce its 2nd Annual “Feed Your Creativity” Art Competition that kicks off our “Summer Hunger Ends Here” campaign. Participating in this competition showcases the talent of local kids throughout Palm Beach, Broward, Miami- Dade, and Monroe Counties.
You have the opportunity to create artwork that depicts “how food makes you feel”, shedding a light on the issue of hunger that impacts far too many of South Florida’s children. Although the end of a school year is typically an exciting time for most kids, summer is one of Feeding South Florida’s busiest seasons. For more than 550,000 South Florida children, not having access to free or reduced-price meals means that summer is a difficult time.
Participating in the competition is simple! Just complete the registration form and sign the student release.
Key Dates + Events
- March 4, 2019: Registration opens!
- May 10, 2019: Due date – all artwork must be submitted!
- May 13, 2019: Judging occurs this week!
- May 15, 2019: People’s Choice Vote opens on Facebook and Instagram.
- May 21, 2019 : Feeding South Florida’s Gallery Night – winning pieces are announced!
- July 10, 2019: Summer Hunger Ends Here Community Breakfast – student participants are recognized.
The First Place and Winning artist receives the following:
- Artwork is displayed as a truck wrap on a 36-foot tractor/trailer that travels throughout Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties.
- Artwork prominently displayed at Feeding South Florida’s main warehouse until August 31, 2019.
- Artwork is the featured image for the “Summer Hunger Ends Here” campaign, which includes digital and print newsletters, social media, toolkit, and direct mail pieces.
- Honored at the “Summer Hunger Ends Here” annual recognition breakfast for partner agencies and volunteers. (July 10, 2019)
- Announcement on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
How to Win
In addition to a panel of local judges selecting the 1st – 3rd place winning pieces based on technique, representation of the topic, and originality, participants also have the chance to win the following awards:
- “People’s Choice” Vote: Artwork entries will be uploaded to Feeding South Florida’s Facebook and Instagram pages. The entry with the most “likes” wins the community vote.
- “Orange Ribbon” Award: The judges will select which piece of art most closely depicts the issue of summer hunger and how kids can help kids.
- “Youth Ambassador” Award Our Youth Ambassador Council will select a piece that most speaks to them.
- “Organization Spirit” Award: Given to the organization or school that has the highest number of participants in the competition. Artists, teachers, and personnel will be recognized.
For more information, please contact our Community Engagement Coordinator, Sibyl Brown, at email@example.com or 954.518.1818 x 1835.
*Sponsorships are available. For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register, download the registration packet for more information and complete the form below.